Thursday, September 12, 2013

design in the kitchen! pan & pot

Today I bought some new saucepans, designer saucepans of course, beautiful, chromium-plated and very expensive!

Now a terrible dilemma: since they are designer saucepans I can't put them into the kitchen cupboard and deny myself the wonderful sight of my new beautiful saucepans! But probably I can't even hang them all and turn the kitchen into a tiny grotto with metal stalactites.!

In this case you go into a very subjective sphere; I must state I like open kitchens, an open space linked to the dining room, to the living room, to the hall and, if I could have one, to the study and to the winter garden. A fluid space, unifying and involving.

This choice, of course, creates a great problem of order because actually a kitchen used to cook and not to appear on the cover of “AD”, is full of objects of any size, color and kind: I'm deeply jealous of people that can remain entirely coherent with the style they have chosen; plates, glasses, cutlery, saltcellar, pepper-grinder, cups, all exactly alike! There, that never happens to me, becauseI fall in love with objects that are completely different from each other, that have to coexist in the same space or, even worse, on the same shelf!

Of course it also depends on the number of objects to display. If I had to find a place for  all the  pots and pans displayed in Vishala, India, I'd have a great problem; 3500 pieces that tell hundreds of years of cooking history, not to speak of the collection of nutcrackers (I didn't even know there were nuts in India): the walls of my whole house wouldn't be enough!


Therefore an open kitchen needs, for the reasons I mentioned, closed cupboards! And if you have closed cupboards, where can you put the saucepans?

The Americans have a real passion for the pans hanging over the preparation area. Pans, pots and various gadgets swing noisily and harmoniously. But the space that holds them always looks large and harmonious, thanks to the coupling of classical elements, warm woods and involving colors. You can see this passion in any Hollywood movie, to start from “Sabrina”, starring Audrey Hepburn; to find this style the website www.potracksgalore.com suggests any kind of pot racks!




The same design, revisited in a modern key, is proposed by www.merkled.com, very colorful and versartile!



But various alternative solutions have been examined by designers and housewives, and some are really cute! Why not to hang them from an old ladder? Or use a tool rack? Even wood collected on the beach may be useful for this purpose!






And if you are looking for something creative but ready to use , www.overstock.com will be very useful!
My solution is graphic and worthily reflects my pride for the beautiful newly arrived: hang true pan with wall stickers! really a nice decor!


And now that we have chosen where to put our pans I have to tell you which ones you should buy! Obviouly on my next blog.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment