Wednesday, July 31, 2013

design for a better life

 Today I woke up refreshed and happy, wrapped in my soft sheets and protected by the white mosquito net over my bed. This sensation of well being made me reflect upon design.

Can design make your life better? As an architect, can I put my hand on my heart and say it makes your life better? Yes, I can.

You just have to know what is better for you, how to use the tons of information and offers we are given constantly, and to discover that you need a mix of an architect, a life coach and a stylist with the right advice for any situation.

Design for a better life by Deepp is this; a mix of experiences, to feel a little better, everyday. The skills of an architect and art designer, lived everyday and shared with passion.

And here we have to go back to sheets and mosquito nets. Why do these things make me happy?
Well, it's easy... the mosquito net is linked to my wish for adventure and exotic. In all the movies set in distant sites there's a mosquito net ; in all the most exclusive resorts, overlooking wonderful seas or luxurious forests there's a mosquito net; in any design magazine there's at least one. So, I use a mosquito net, and when I wake in the morning and see the sunshine filter through the curtains, I can think that beyond that thin fabric there's an adventurous world waiting for me.



Besides there's also the practical detail that in Milan mosquitoes are the toughest, the most long-lived and insistent in the history of mosquitoes and keeping them outside of my bed is not bad at all.


Actually it doesn't keep them away only from my bed but from millions of people's; consider that such a simple object is the most important instrument to fight malaria in many areas all over the world and can generate thousands of publications and dedicated sites; even Cleopatra used it for her blissful sleep; there's also the Unicef “malaria day” where you can donate a mosquito net to save a child!


Of course you have to choose the right one, suited to your needs and tastes. You needn't change the bed, though a model with a floating bed, if you have enough room, is a dream.
Even a simple model is beautiful, you only have to choose the right details; white or colored, with plain or lace borders?




If you are fond of control and optional on the website www.klamboe.eu you can choose any tiny detail. While if you have a lively imagination you can find anything on www.mosquitohouse.com.

I chose a white plain one with a pale wooden spacer; white is perfect to induce a good sleep and serene dreams.



Ah... I didn't forget the sheets, I'll talk about them next time!
Stay tuned!


write me:  saraparodi@deepp.it







No comments:

Post a Comment